Payments & Refunds
Any person or company who do not have a contract or credit facilities are to pay as per the pro-forma invoice to our bank account. Details of our bank accounts is shown on the pro-forma invoice.
All the invoices should be settled on or before due date or within the agreed credit period. If there is any discrepancy on our invoice, it should be brought forward to our notice immediately upon receipt, no reduction on our invoices are allowed at any circumstance without prior authorization or credit note.
Ethos Maldives Pvt Ltd has the following payment options for our customers:
- Online Payment Gateway – Credit Card/ Debit Card – VISA, American Express, MasterCard and Maestro Card
- Telegraphic Transfer (T.T.) ie. Swift Transfer – From foreign bank accounts to our company account held with Bank of Maldives or MCB
Please note, bookings are confirmed only upon submission of payment. If your credit card payment is not processed for any reason, we will notify you within 24 hours. If there is a Fare change while processing your transaction, you will be notified and you have the right to decline this transaction and you will not be charged.
We provide a 100% Safe and Secure Credit card transaction guarantee. Please note, all hotel and holiday package bookings are only confirmed upon delivery of complete confirmation details to the email you provided with your reservation. In order to provide you further safety, when certain transactions are determined to be high risk by our systems, we will not process such transactions unless our credit card verification team has determined that it’s safe to process them. In order to establish validity of such transactions, we may contact you or your bank.
ONLINE PAYMENT ACCEPTANCE POLICY
Ethos Maldives servers use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an encryption technology that works with all mainstream browsers such as Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla, Safari etc., so that only Ethos Maldives Pvt Ltd can read a customer’s personal information. We guarantee that every booking you make on Ethos Maldives website will be 100% safe. Payments shall be made through a linked payment gateway and will be processed directly by the Bank of Maldives Plc (the “Bank”) using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Ethos Maldives Pvt Ltd will not have access to your credit or debit card details.
ONLINE TRANSACTION FEES
There is 3.5% to 4.5% credit card payment process charges, this amount can vary depending on the invoice amount. All transaction fees are fully non-refundable.
CREDIT / DEBIT CARD PAYMENTS TERMS
- All credit cards payment will be processed by the Credit Card holder through our Bank of Maldives Payment gateway.
- If your credit card is declined for any reason, we will notify you within 24 hours, simply submitting the credit card does not automatically guarantee the booking.
- Ethos Maldives bears no responsibility in the event your credit or debit card is not approved or charged. There can be many reasons why your credit or debit card may not have been approved or charged.
- Ethos Maldives uses stringent safety measures for credit card payment processing. Fraudulent transactions, if any, are reported to airport security, airlines and other federal and state law enforcement.
- You agree to be liable for any and all credit card payments and you agree not to dispute charges after the purchase has been made and confirmations of services have been delivered by email confirmation. You agree to reimburse Ethos Maldives in cases of charge back or credit card disputes where you have genuinely purchased a service on our website.
- Online credit card transactions are authorized at the time a user or anyone acting on their behalf accepts these terms and conditions and continues with the purchase.
- All bookings for resorts, hotels, vacation packages, cruises are not guaranteed unless you receive a confirmation number by email upon receiving the payment by Ethos Maldives Pvt Ltd.
- In order to provide you further safety, when certain transactions are determined to be high risk by our systems, we will not process such transactions unless our credit card verification team has determined that it’s safe to process them. In order to establish validity of such transactions, we may contact you or your bank.
CREDIT CARD DECLINES
At the time of processing your transaction if your credit card declines; we will make all efforts to notify you by way of an email message within 3 business days. The transaction will not be processed if your credit card has declined. The booking details are NOT GUARANTEED. If there is a change in rates then you have a right to cancel the booking at no cost to you. There will be no service fees charged for this.
CANCEL AND REFUND
All of our holiday packages, Hotels/ Resorts cruises, Guest Houses and our service fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. Local & Expats Special Offer packages sold are fully NON-REFUNDABLE in any case and 100% will be charged for no-shows and cancellations. The following rules laid out below are applicable to international bookings only.
If for any unforeseen circumstance the guest requests for cancellation of booking upon confirmation, the application for refund will be assessed based on the following criteria.
- If you have applied for a cancellation and refund with us and if the fair rules provide for cancellation and refunds
- If you are not a “no show” (most “no show” bookings are in-eligible for any waiver from suppliers for refund processing
- If we are able to secure waivers from suppliers to process this cancellation and refund
All cancellations must be done in writing via email. If your request for cancellation meets the above conditions and in cases where the company is able to offer a refund based on careful evaluation of your application, for any booking or purchase, Cancellation Fee will be applied as follows;
As a general rule, 50% of the total amount will be charged as Cancellation Fee.
However, for cancellations that is less than 60 days, the following charges will be applied.
- Cancellation more than 60 Days, 50% will be charged on total amount
- Cancellation Between 30 to 59 Days, 75 % will be charged on total amount
- Cancellation less than 30 Days 100 % will be charged, including No show, and this will be non-refundable
We are still unable to provide a specific time line it may take for this refund to be processed. All refund requests are processed in a sequential format. Once you have provided our customer service agent with your cancellation request, we will then send you an email notification that your request has been received. This notification does not automatically qualify you for a refund. This only provides you with an acknowledgement of your request and provides you with a tracking number. Upon receipt of your request we will work with the suppliers’ such as hotels and cruises to generate a waiver based on supplier rules and we will then notify you of the supplier decision. Please note that we are dependent on the suppliers for receiving the refunds. Once the refund has been approved by the supplier it may take additional time for this to appear on your credit card statement. Generally, all suppliers will charge a penalty for refund.
This entire process may take 60-90 days from receipt of your request to receiving credit on your statement. Apart from the suppliers, Ethos Maldives Pvt Ltd will charge a fee for processing this refund ranging from USD 50.00 – USD 200.00 (USD Fifty to USD Two Hundred). All refund fees are charged per booking basis. These fees will only be assessed if a refund has been authorized by the supplier or a waiver has been received and when the supplier rules permit such refunds. If such refund is not processed by the supplier, we will refund you our fees that may have been charged to you for such processing.
All prices are in United States Dollars (USD).